Andrew grew up in Baltimore County living amongst wine berries, black berries, red maples, white pines, white-tailed deer, plantain, clovers, grey squirrels, blue jays, and red tailed hawks, yet he knew nothing about them. After meeting potent mentors and allies in Idaho, California, and Colorado, he discovered his own profound connection with the natural world. He is committed to sharing his passion with all who are interested, in an effort to bring authenticity and connection back into the way people are educated.
Andrew has been studying and teaching non-stop in a lineage of community based deep-nature connection for over 5 years. Now back in Maryland, he is continuing to run home-school programs in the Baltimore area and is excited to be able to work with Julia to create fun and impactful teen programs! Personally, he is stoked about making fires, counciling, edible and medicinal plants, running barefoot, scout skills, climbing trees, and getting dirty! He believes deeply in the power of community and the natural world to reawaken the beauty and genius in all people. We are excited to have him join us as an instructor of our new teen program. He has a plethora of gifts and passions to share with us.
Weaving Earth-Leadership Role-Year-Long Adult Program
- First year at RDI carries over into work as second year student at WE
- Core curriculum similar to RDI with the addition of wild tending, rites of passage work, and hand drill techniques
- As second year student, took on new leadership roles including designing and holding parts of the curriculum, holding space for transitions, and working behind the scenes collaboratively with six others to help the curriculum run smoothly.
- Special focus on family support and fire responsibility
The Regenerative Design Institute-Year-Long Adult Program
- Studied permaculture, fire by friction, council work, acorn processing, indigenous wisdom, medicine making, storytelling, community building, grief tending, bird language, tracking, primitive dyeing, natural awareness, wild fermentation
- Completed 2 week Permaculture Design Certification
- Attended Buckeye Primitive Skills Gathering in California
InnerPathworks-Year-Long Adult Program
- Studied ecopsychology, primitive skills, tracking, bird language, natural awareness, nutrition, brain science, plant medicine, brain tanning, indigenous wisdom, bow drill
- Attended and completed Tom Brown Jr. Tracker School Standard Class in Santa Cruz, CA
- Attended Winter Count Primitive Skills Gathering in Arizona
Wilderness First Aid, current since April 2015 – Administered by NOLS