Thank you for your interest in our Camp Buddies volunteer program. We are looking for applicants ages 13 – 15 who are energetic, have experience with the outdoors, are able to serve as a role model for campers, and want to make a difference.
What Will I Do as a Camp Buddy?
Camp Buddies are an integral part of camp, assisting the Senior Counselors in running summer camp. Camp buddies will not be responsible for a group of campers, but rather work as assistants. They are prohibited from disciplining a camper at any time. In the event there is time and equipment available, volunteers may participate in archery, kayaking, and other activities. Camp buddies are expected to follow all camp rules including our cell phone/electronics policy.
How Much Time is Involved?
Camp Buddies may choose to spend a minimum of one week and as many as four weeks at camp. Our camp day runs from 8:00am – 3:30pm on Mondays and 8:30am – 3:30pm Tuesdays through Fridays. If Camp Buddies need to be dropped off prior to pick up or drop off times, they may be enrolled (no charge) in our extended care program. Once accepted as a Camp Buddy, parents/guardians must sign up through our online camp registration system and pay the administrative fee. Letters for Camp Buddies confirming service hours must be requested via email at the end of camp.
Important things to know:
- Applicants for the Camp Buddies program must be 13 years of age by June 1, 2017.
- The Camp Buddy program applications will reopen in the spring of 2017.
- An initial email will be sent letting you know that we have received your application. Acceptance or denial notification into the Camp Buddies program will be sent via e-mail as well.
- There is no camp registration fee to be a camp buddy. There is an administrative fee for participation in the program. This fee helps defray the costs of training, insurance, supervision, and administrative tasks associated with the program.
- Once accepted, Camp Buddies will need to register through our online registration system. A code will be issued to approved Camp Buddies in order to accomplish this.
- Camp Buddies must attend one, two-hour training session prior to camp starting. A parent/guardian is strongly encouraged to attend as well. This is designed so both the Camp Buddy and the parent/guardian understand the roles, rules, and responsibilities during the Camp Buddy’s time at camp. Dates and further information will be sent via e-mail upon being accepted.
- If the administrative fee is not paid; Camp Buddies will be dropped from the program and we will invite the next person on the waiting list.