Ages: 7 and up
Greenwell Foundation offers walking-paced trail riding along the Patuxent River. Enjoy shady tree lines, agricultural fields and river views. Experienced and well-trained staff member(s) will guide you and/or your group for an inclusive, supportive, and fun experience.
- Ages 7 and up, individuals or groups (up to 6 people)
- There is a 220 lb per person weight limit for riding.
- A one-time, 1 hour trail ride: $50.00 per person
A one-time, 2 hour trail ride: $70.00 per person
- All trail rides are walk-only.
- Experienced horses and all equipment are provided.
- Helmets are required and are available for use. You may bring your own ASTM-SEI approved helmet. Bicycle helmets are not allowed.
- Pants are required. No shorts.
- Heeled boots or closed-toed shoes are required. No open-toed shoes.
- Modifications are available, contact us to discuss your individual interests, goals, and needs.
- Trail rides must be scheduled two weeks in advance.
- Payment is immediately due upon receipt of the invoice. Activity will be canceled if payment hasn’t been received by Greenwell Foundation within 24 hours.
When can I ride?
Labor Day through Memorial Day
Trail rides are offered:Monday through Friday at 5:00 pm or 6:00 pm*
Saturday at 9:00 am or 5:00 pm*
Summer (June, July, August)
Trail rides are offered:
Friday’s at 6:00 pm*
Saturday’s at 6:00 pm*
*Additional dates may be possible with an additional $25.00 fee.
Complete the Trail Ride Registration Request below with your preferred dates and we will contact you to schedule your trail ride.