Ages: 7 and up
Greenwell Foundation offers guided kayaking activities on the beautiful Patuxent River. There will be many opportunities for exploring, viewing wildlife, and relaxing. Our instructors will tailor this activity to fit your interests, goals, needs, and address any questions or concerns. Experienced and well-trained staff member(s) will be your guide for an inclusive, safe and fun experience on the water. No experience is necessary.
- Ages 7 and up, Individuals, small and large groups
- There is a 250 lb per person weight limit for kayaking.
- Our instructors are American Canoe and Kayak Association certified. Kayaking activities are at a 1:6 instructor to participant ratio.
- All equipment is provided; a kayak, paddle and a U.S. Coast Guard approved life jacket.
- U.S. Coast Guard approved life jackets are required and are available for use. You may bring your own U.S. Coast Guard approved life jacket. Inflatable life jackets are not allowed.
- Closed-toed shoes (Crocs, Keens, water shoes) and comfortable clothing that can get wet are recommended. No jeans.
- Modifications are available, contact us to discuss your individual interests, goals, and needs.
- Accessible floating dock, ramp and launch with slide and handrails; makes accessing the river easier
- Kayaking activities must be scheduled two weeks in advance. Payment is immediately due upon receipt of the invoice. Activity will be canceled if payment hasn’t been received by Greenwell Foundation within 24 hours.
- Complete the Kayaking registration request below and we will contact you to schedule.
- Questions? Contact us.
Lessons concentrate on; paddling techniques, safety, non-skirted wet exits and entry, body posture, technique improvement, strokes, and more. Work on personal goals and/or potential barriers for continued kayaking.
- 1 hour lesson: $60.00 per person
Enjoy a guided kayaking tour on the beautiful Patuxent River. There will be many opportunities for exploring, viewing wildlife, and relaxing.
- 1 hour trip: $60.00 per person
- 2 hour trip: $95.00 per person
- Additional $10.00 per person for kayak fishing (bait and equipment)