Let Greenwell Foundation be your guide while exploring and interacting with nature. Our activities for veterans are the perfect fit for anyone who wants to enjoy the outdoors in an inclusive, safe, and supportive environment. Greenwell Foundation’s skilled instructors and guides will make sure your activities or experiences are tailored to fit your interests, goals, and needs. Our location inside Greenwell State Park provides the perfect setting for a variety of outdoor activities and experiences.
- Ages- 18 years and up
- Most activities are one to two hours long
- 220 lb weight limit for riding and kayaking
- Staff are CAA, CHA and PATH Intl. certified for riding. ACA certified for kayaking.
- All equipment is provided
- Helmets are required for the riding portion and are available for use. You may bring your own ASTM-SEI approved helmet. Bicycle helmets are not allowed.
- U.S. Coast Guard Approved life jackets are required and are available for use. You may bring your own U.S. Coast Guard Approved life jackets. Inflatable life jackets are not allowed.
- Charter Boats will leave on time. Arrive 30 minutes early.
- Modifications are available, contact us to discuss your individual needs and interests.
- Questions? Contact Us!
Horse Connection for Veterans
Connect with a horse on the ground while gaining horsemanship skills by promoting emotional and social well-being. Connection will improve awareness of self and others, and provide increased confidence and self-esteem.
Trail Riding for Veterans
Greenwell Foundation offers walking-paced trail rides along the Patuxent River. The trails include shady tree lines along agricultural fields and river views. Experienced and well-trained staff member(s) will guide and or your group for an inclusive and fun experience.
Kayaking for Veterans
Greenwell Foundation offers guided kayaking activities on the beautiful Patuxent River. There will be many opportunities for exploring, viewing wildlife, and relaxing. No experience is necessary.
Charter Boat Fishing for Veterans
Boats will depart from Greenwell State Park and spend 3-4 hours on the Patuxent River. All equipment is provided. No experience is necessary.